Sunday, June 1, 2008

Macon Rock N Roll Man Triathlon

Here we are in Macon for another triathlon. We had a nice group participate in the race. Overall, there were over 500 people participating in the half-ironman and about 200 in the sprint. Besides Steve and I, my brother John and his girlfriend Ann, as well as our friend Donovan competed. John did the half-ironman, and the rest of us the sprint. The McGee family (Lesley, Conner, and Matthew) was there routing Donovan on. It took an army of supporters to watch the 3 kids!! Thanks to Grandma, Grandpa, and Lesley for watching the kids.

Ann and Ann pre-race. This is Ann Hattamer's first triathlon, except she looked like a professional with all of her first-rate gear from John. She did awesome, finishing 4th in her age group. Way to go Ann!!

Well, Steve is moving kind of slow in the transition from the swim to the bike... His second open water swim went much better than the first (no panic attacks in the middle of the lake!).

Here goes Ann off on the bike...

I know a forced smile when I see one!!

Coming in to the finish line... Ann finished 8th overall and 2nd in her age-group.

Two triathlons down, three to go!!

This is Catie after no parental supervision for 2 hours while we were doing the race!! No offense to our helpers.


1 comment:

Napton's said...

Great job Ann! Everytime I hear about your family doing triathlons I want to get out to do a triathlon. Then I remember I have to swim.